Saturday, June 15, 2019

Name: Gail Berg
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Email: rangechecker@yahoo.ca
Message:

These photos are from January to the end of March, 1972 when I was a volunteer at Ein Gev.  I worked in the kitchen, banana and grape plantations as well as weekend stints at the fish restaurant.  I went there with a travelling companion, Martha Jane Ginsburg, who hailed from California.  There was a big contingent from Mexico, plus people from Scotland, USA, Norway, Canada, France and South Africa.  Tsipi (?) Walfstrom(?) was the volunteer coordinator.  A few names I remember: Michael Resnick, Alan Katz, Peppi, Dee and Gail Beigel, Gail Firkser.   I still fondly remember those delicious Jaffa oranges, fresh bananas, the soda water in the cafeteria and all the delicious food.  It was good for me to learn about the Jewish religion and all its customs.

I actually have more photos that are black and white that need to be scanned.  If anyone would like to contact me, feel free to do so.  At age 69, I am still a working biologist specializing in native plants and living in the mountains of British Columbia.  Perhaps I could do another volunteer stint if the Kibbutz accepts “old gals” that still have some energy!  PS, in the photo of the 4 women in Bedouin dresses, I am the one on the far left, the other 3 are South African. 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPGkGTYio3yFD0ovSoDrCPP4cb1tSSlZFvrEut8-9oAoKyFABm7Fp_QcG91tBcoIg/photo/AF1QipPxPcaH8AWUTvgBcJDxMYFpviOchh0RS_jO8rXO?key=M08zZlVNWC1reW9ZbUdkNTFpY2Ewc0VRbmhFT013